The Northern Territory’s (NT) back-to-school plan is aligned to the national approach underpinned by the following six principles:
- Schools are first to open and last to close. Face-to-face learning is a priority
- COVID-safe behaviours will be practiced at all times
- No vulnerable child or child of an essential worker will be turned away
- Managing COVID-19 cases will be informed by public health advice
- Schools and early childhood services will be equipped with public health advice
- The health and wellbeing of our children and staff is our top priority.